The Fabric Quarter also has a shop located within the Bailgate area of Lincoln, more details on this can be found on their website.
How To Make – A Christmas Stocking
Would you like to make your own festive stockings this year? Something to keep and treasure… Fabric Quarter shows us how in the images below. Fabric for this project can be purchased from their website- https://www.thefabricquarter.com/
Here’s what you will need:
Fabric- 50cm x 70cm
Trim- 50cm x 50cm
Lining (if desired)- 50cm x 70cm
Ribbon/ Trim for hanger- 25cm
1. Make a stocking pattern or draw directly onto the fabric. This stocking is made with the dimensions shown but these may be altered as desired.
2. Cut x2 in main fabric, cut x1 cuff/trim fabric (cut x2 in lining if desired).
3. With right sides together, stitch around the main stocking pieces using a 1cm seam allowance (repeat with lining if using).
4. For a smoother finish carefully snip into curves as shown. Turn and press.
5. Stitch side seam of cuff/trim with a 1cm seam allowance. Press seam open and turn to right side.
6. With cuff/trim folded in half, pin into position around the stocking top. Line up the pressed seams at the back of the stocking. Stitch in place.
7. Turn down cuff/trim into finished position. (Add lining if using). Hand sew hanger at back seam. Your stocking is ready to fill/hang.